Tuesday 31 December 2013

Ketsuekigata-kun! [Anime Review]

Holidays are here! Finally I have time to go back to my little hobby that is; writing reviews. Again, I'm not ready yet to write manga reviews, so now I'm going to write a brief review about an anime called Ketsuekigata-kun! which means 'Blood Type' in English.

Before I start, you may wondering why is a brief review? Because Ketsuekigata-kun! can be included into a short anime series. But it has many episodes!?? You're not wrong. Although it has 12 episodes, each episode takes only 2 minutes including the opening and ending theme songs. So I guess I'm not going to deep for this one.

The main characters are O-Gata (blood type O), A-Gata (blood type A), AB-Gata (blood type AB) and B-Gata (blood type B). This show tries to categorize people based on solely their blood type in comedy. It shows how the blood type O, A, AB and B react in certain situations and describes the personality each blood type represents. I suggest you not to take it seriously, because there is no scientific evidence that blood type affects a person's personality. But surprisingly, it's more accurate than I thought, at least for me. For example, my blood type O and it is described as a little bit analytical and forceful. I won't deny that.

I had quite fun watching Ketsuekigata-kun! One thing I want to complain is the duration. 2 minutes per episode was too short, if it's longer it could have been better. Well, it took no more than 30 minutes to finish a whole series. Thus, it didn't leave much impression.  The characters were ok, its design was simple yet adorable. The comedy cracked me up and sometime made me smile whenever the O-Gata described me correctly. Have a watch the first episode of Ketsuekigata-kun! It's probably your cup of tea.

I almost forgot. Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment